- Established in 1995.
- Have performed nearly 100 pancreas and combination kidney-pancreas transplants to date; 13 pancreas and pancreas-kidney combined were performed in 2012.
- Approved by United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), Medicare and Medicaid.
- Most experienced program among all major pancreas transplant centers in Texas with top ranking one-year and three-year patient survival outcomes. For patients transplanted from January 2009 to June 2011, program received a 100 percent one-year survival rating compared to the national average of 97.76 percent (source: www.srtr.org).
- Dedicated clinical research program providing patients access to the newest developments in transplant medications and management.
- Bilingual physicians, clinical and support staff.